[PlanetCCRMA] Building rpms...

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Fri Jan 29 12:14:19 PST 2010

On 01/29/2010 07:41 PM, Simon Lewis wrote:
> Hallo planetccrma
>
> Basically I would like a Qtractor rpm with all extras including vst
> support for fedora 12 x86-64. The latest Qtractor version is 4.5.3.
>
> Since there are no active maintainers for Qtractor I am contemplating
> building my own rpm.
>
> I looked at fedora / redhat/ rpm org documentation but haven't got very
> far (that's an understatement...)
>
> Is there a good and straight forward description of how to build rpms on
> fedora 12 with planetccrma core apps installed?
>
> Is there a script that sets up build enviroment including sandbox in the
> user directory?
>
> Does anyone use easyrpmbuilder on fedora 12?

qtractor comes with its own qtractor.spec file (which is a configure by
product, btw).

you can try running `rpmbuild -ba qtractor.spec` after copying the
qtractor-0.4.5.tar.gz tarball to /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES (iirc)

this qtractor.spec might need some tweaking though, most specially re.
precise package names on fedora (see BuildRequires: entries)

> Has anyone compiled Qtractor with VeSTige Headers instead of the
> Steinberg VST Headers?

the vestige headers are pretty insufficient. it's a no go, sorry. YOU
really need to accept steinberg's license and grab the vst-sdk 2.x on
your own (see README.VST).

> Is it possible to rebuild the suse src.rpm from Rui Nuno Capela's HomePage?

you will end with your own .src.rpm upon a successful rpmbuild, in
/usr/src/redhat/SRPMS (iirc again)

> Any Help would be appreciated...

cheers
--