[PlanetCCRMA] supercollider+swing on fedora 13

Bernardo Barros bernardobarros2 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 16:14:03 PDT 2010

Hi all!

I'm getting two little troubles here. This is a new computer with a
fresh install of Fedora 13, so maybe I did something wrong with
installation.

1. When I try to do "yum update" I get:

yum update
Loaded plugins: presto, refresh-packagekit
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetcore/testing/13/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno 14] HTTP Error 404 :
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetcore/testing/13/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml
Trying other mirror.
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for
repository: planetcore-testing. Please verify its path and try again

Maybe I did something wrong

2. I installed SuperCollider 3.4 from source. The instalation from
planet-ccrma packages did not work for me (maybe because of the same
problem?). The other packages besides sc and pd worked well.

But... I could install supercollider 3.4 from source, no problems. But
I'm not finding the right package dependencies for SwingOSC. It asks
"java-6-sun" but I don't find this package in the respos. Any
hint/shortcut for this?

Thanks!!
Bernardo