[PlanetCCRMA] [Fedora-music-list] new packages in Fedora updates-testing (2010-06-02)

Niels Mayer nielsmayer at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 21:15:44 PDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 6:53 PM, Orcan Ogetbil <oget.fedora at gmail.com> wrote:
> frinika-0.6.0-3:
> F-13 version should be working now. Is anyone using this package? I am
> thinking of dropping it if there is no interest.
> F-13: https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/frinika-0.6.0-3.fc13

As a datapoint, I was interested enough in this project (
http://frinika.appspot.com/ ) that I installed it from SVN several
weeks ago.How many DAW's can you launch via URL (provided you have
java installed, along with java-web-start):
http://frinika.appspot.com/launch/launch.jnlp .

Frinika also has some neat features and UI.... plus there's not that
many complete java apps for music, and this one is a pretty good
representative... Plus, there's gobs of working Java code in here,
which is perhaps easier to reuse/extend than other DAWs out there.
Supposedly it works with Jack too, but I wasn't able to get it going
w/ jack in my brief evaluation:
http://sourceforge.net/project/screenshots.php?group_id=131823&ssid=20292
;  it is among the few Midi DAWs with integrated notation:
http://sourceforge.net/project/screenshots.php?group_id=131823&ssid=58865
.

Thanks for all you do, Orcan!

-- Niels
http://nielsmayer.com

PS: just picked up update jconvolver-0.8.7-1.fc12.ccrma.x86_64... glad
to see it now contains all the missing wav files (e.g.
/usr/share/jconvolver/reverbs/sala-concerti-cdm/stereo-A-tail-ML.wav )
that I had previously installed separately from a Mandriva rpm
jconvolver-reverbs-0.8.4-2mdv2010.1.noarch ...