[PlanetCCRMA] fc12: new kernel in testing (based on 2.6.33-rt7)

Fri Mar 12 16:58:27 PST 2010

Hi all, a new kernel is available in the planetcore-testing repository
for Fedora 12. This one is based on 2.6.33 plus 2.6.33-rt7 plus all
patches that patch from the Fedora koji build 2.6.33-8 (which is now
pretty much all of them).

I have been testing 2.6.33-rtx in my Fedora 11 workstation and laptop
and it seems to be fine. I did an install in a netbook running Fedora 12
of 2.6.33-rt4+ kernels but I don't have it right here so I can't test
rt7 on it.

So.... kernel not tested on fc12 but I see no reason for it to somehow
fail there, you have been warned :-)

An interesting change (that may affect users) is that nouveau (the
reverse engineered driver for Nvidia video cards) is now part of the
kernel source tree, so the rt patch includes it, so it is now part of
the Planet CCRMA rt kernels. If you use the binary driver you may need
to blacklist the nouveau kernel module so it does not interfere with the
nvidia module.

Enjoy!
-- Fernando

PS: question for Fedora 11 users... would you be interested in me
releasing the 2.6.33 kernel on Fedora 11's planetcore-testing
repository?? The catch is that for some video cards X will not start
correctly on boot unless you add the "nomodeset" kernel boot line option
(which you will have to do manually after the first failed boot).