[PlanetCCRMA] 64bit, 32bit, and other things

S C Rigler riglersc at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 04:32:12 PDT 2010

What sort of problems have you had with the open source drivers?  I just
recently bought a Toshiba A505-S6033 laptop and it's been a hellish
experience.  I have to run a vanilla kernel with an experimental patch just
to get the thing to boot and there are still all kinds of unexplained hangs
and other problems.  I have yet to run the rt kernel successfully and the
latest one just hangs after about 5 minutes when I use the nouveau driver.
 Just curious if the nouveau also has issues on "stable" systems running the
rt kernel.

--Steve