[PlanetCCRMA] Problem with Fluidsynth-DSSI via Rosegarden

Peter Howard pjh at coastal.net.au
Fri Oct 8 16:35:07 PDT 2010

The title describes it really.  Rosegarden -> Fluidsynth works OK,
Rosegarden using xsynth-dssi works, Rosegarden using fluidsynth-dssi
doesn't.  The immediate symptom is related to the editor window - it
doesn't come up, so I can't specify a sound font.  ps shows that it's
trying to run:

[phlap at Mahler ~]$ ps -ef | grep dssi
phlap     3115  3095  0 10:22 ?        00:00:00 /usr/lib64/dssi/fluidsynth-dssi/FluidSynth-DSSI_gtk osc.udp://Mahler:13675/plugin/dssi/10000/synth/FluidSynth-DSSI fluidsynth-dssi.so FluidSynth-DSSI Rosegarden: Synth plugin #1

but the window never comes up.  I can start FluidSynth-DSSI_gtk
manually, using the -test flag, but of course there's nothing to connect
to.

This is on Fedora 13 x86_64.

Suggestions?

--