[PlanetCCRMA] how stupid to install planetccrma rpm's on meego netbook?

Niels Mayer nielsmayer at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 18:59:32 PDT 2010

Having just upgraded an Atom-based netbook from Moblin to
http://meego.org , I noticed a decided dearth of apps (OpenOffice?
OpenJDK? Eclipse? -- all installed "by hand" from RPMs on the
associated websites). Of course there doesn't even seem to be fedora's
beginnings of audio/video apps, and people on #meego suggest
installing fedora RPMs directly....

"MeeGo v1.0.2 Netbook Update" seems like it's fedora13ish (same
kernel, uses btrfs as default filesys)... so I modified CCRMA's
/etc/yum.repos.d/planetccrma.repo changing the $releasever/$basearch
into 13/i386. ( http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/ -- I'm
looking at installing 32 bit fedora media apps/libs/devel on the
netbook, not the realtime planetccrma kernel ).

Unfortunately, when trying to yum install 'jack-devel' it started
giving errors about versions of common GNU libs being required but not
found. I backed off to trying fedora12 and those libs succeeded, but
yum gave errors about other unsatisfiable libs. I will need to
investigate further whether I need to just manually install the
dependent libs first to get the dependencies to succeed...

Kernel-wise, F13 is the right version...  so I guess I should just
"rpm --nodeps -ivh" directly from
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetccrma/12/i386/repoview/index.html
or
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetccrma/13/i386/repoview/index.html
???

But before i waste any more time on this, is this even the right thing
to do? Is there some other obvious repository of well-maintained RPMs
for pro-audio and video installables for meego?

Thanks!

Niels
http://nielsmayer.com

PS: One of the target apps I want to be able to compile and run on meego:
http://www.rncbc.org/drupal/node/233
( http://maemo.org/downloads/product/Maemo5/qmidictl/
 http://sourceforge.net/projects/qmidictl
 http://sourceforge.net/projects/qmidinet )

PPS: When is someone going to develop a touchscreen meego equivalent
of a Yamaha Tenorion? ( http://www.global.yamaha.com/tenori-on/  ) :-)