[PlanetCCRMA] linuxsampler

Luis Garrido luisgarrido at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Sep 19 15:57:09 PDT 2010

On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 9:27 PM, Martin Tarenskeen
<m.tarenskeen at zonnet.nl> wrote:
> Now I want to trt the dssi plugin version of linuxsampler with
> rosegarden4. I can see the plugin in the plugin list in rosegarden, but
> don't know how to make it useful. The "controls" and "editor" buttons
> don't seem to work ? How do I load samples or sessions ?

Mmm, that's not an easy one.

The linuxsampler dssi plugin comes with no editor of its own. The good
news is that you can fire up qsampler and you'll find that it attaches
automatically to your plugin instances, allowing you to load samples
on them. The bad news is that this information is not stored in the
Rosegarden project (AFAIK), so you'll have to keep a separate qsampler
config file and reload it everytime you start a session. The only gain
compared to using qsampler as a standalone is that you don't have to
redo all the midi/audio plumbing.

Another choice is using ls16, there is a FC11 package available that
will probably work in FC13 too, otherwise it is pretty easy to
rebuild. However ls16 doesn't play nicely with RG for a number of
arcane reasons. It works like a charm with qtractor, though, and with
very recent versions of MusE (not with 1.0.1, I am afraid).

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Luis