[PlanetCCRMA] fluidsynth-dssi

Ebrahim Mayat ebmayat at mac.com
Tue Sep 28 01:45:37 PDT 2010

On Sep 28, 2010, at 4:20 AM, Martin Tarenskeen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am currently having problems with fluidsynth-dssi and rosegarden4 :
>
> I can select and start the fluidsynth-dssi plugin, but it only makes
> noises instead of nice sounds. Starting normal fluidsynth (with or
> without
> qsynth) works fine, and also other dssi plugins like hexter and
> whysynth
> make nice music. It is just the fluidsynth-dssi that is making
> noise. If I
> say "noise" I mean that in the literal sense. It sounds a bit like
> white
> and pink noise, instead of drums, brass, and strings.
>
> Before I post a bug report on Bugzilla:
> 1) Is anyone else having the same problem ?

Yes, this issue has been reported on both the LAU and fluid-dev lists.

<http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.audio.users/67843#>

<http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/fluid-dev/2010-09/msg00050.html>

> 2) How can I test if it is a fluidsynth-dssi problem or a Rosegarden
> problem
> ? Or: How can I test fluidsynth-dssi without Rosegarden ? )

This looks like a fluidsynth-related problem for which a ticket has
been opened.

http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/fluidsynth/ticket/87