[PlanetCCRMA] A workaround for the "DSSI GUIs not working" problem in Fedora

Luis Garrido luisgarrido at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Apr 5 07:02:26 PDT 2011

Yup, it is a kludge, even if this is the policy other distros have
adopted. That's why I employed the word 'workaround' instead of
'solution'.

The other workaround I know of is disabling IPv6 altogether for the
whole system, which is probably not a problem for domestic computers
behind an ADSL router, but may be more and more problematic in
academic and business environments.

Then there's NetworkManager overwriting /etc/hosts. I read somewhere
that they are going to drop this default behaviour, making it
optional, perhaps that will help.

I haven't looked too deep into this, but something should be done
because people keep tripping on this and it is getting a bit old.
Let's see if the liblo people or some IPv6 guru can offer a real
solution that doesn't reduce any functionality.

Luis