[PlanetCCRMA] A workaround for the "DSSI GUIs not working" problem in Fedora

Al Thompson biggles58 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 5 18:15:49 PDT 2011

On 04/05/2011 08:02 AM, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 4:15 AM, Luis Garrido wrote:
>> I have found that a workaround for the dreaded DSSI GUI issue in
>> Fedora is disabling IPv6 support in liblo. Orcan, what do you think
>> about making this the default and backporting to FC13? I posted a
>> message asking for clarification at the liblo list, but I guess it
>> will take some time to work out a proper solution.
>>

> Hmm, liblo has been dead for a while. Let me know if you get a
> solution from that side.
> I am a little reluctant to modify existing libraries and change their
> features in stable branches of Fedora.
>
> Is there really no use case to have liblo compiled with IPv6 support?

Is there no workaround for an already installed system, short of
rebuilding RPMs and recompiling liblo.

I'd love to get a reasonably easy way to fix this stupid problem that
doesn't risk the entire installation, or involved downloading dozens of
other packages to meet dependency requirements of rebuilding and
repackaging RPM files.

--

Check out the website I've been cobbling together.  It will never be
done, but it's a start:

My blog, with commentary on a variety of things, including audio,
mixing, equipment, etc, is at:
   http://audioandmore.wordpress.com

Staat heißt das kälteste aller kalten Ungeheuer.  Kalt lügt es auch;
und diese Lüge kriecht aus seinem Munde: 'Ich, der Staat, bin das Volk.'
                                                - [Friedrich Nietzsche]