[PlanetCCRMA] RME 9652 - ALSA - Pulseaudio problems

Stephen Stubbs theother1510 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 7 06:09:05 PDT 2011

Rather than deleting Pulse Audio, I disable the sound chip on the motherboard
through the BIOS.  When Pulse Audio can't find a motherboard sound chip, it
tends to leave you alone and get out of your way.

Then work with ALSA and Jack to get sound from the non-music applications.  But
be sure not to have ALSA backending into Pulse Audio, or Pulse Audio will trip
you up again.

Best,
Stephen.