[PlanetCCRMA] RME 9652 - ALSA - Pulseaudio problems

Thu Apr 7 10:09:16 PDT 2011

On 04/06/2011 08:27 PM, Craig Bourne wrote:

> This has me wondering if support for our cards' higher sampling rate is
> as simple as using "rate=96000" and adjusting the number of channels.

If your card is recognized by hdspconf then that is the place to switch
sampling rate to > 48KHz. If you want to use those srates you would have
to adjust the number of channels in the PA configuration.

> PS Near as I can tell the designation HDSP is also valid for my card
> (though I would feel more comfortable if there were documentation to
> refer to so that I did not have to guess). Similarly (but with the same
> level of uncertainty) the hw designation DSP seems correct for my card too.

Absolutely no need to guess. As I pointed out in my previous email just do:

----
cat /proc/asound/cards
----

The string between "[...]" is the ascii name of the card in question.