[PlanetCCRMA] SuperCollider - gedit or emacs

Jeff Sandys jpsandys at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 11:56:27 PDT 2011

Donald Steven said:

I want to begin working with SuperCollider and have it installed with
gedit.  Does this provide all the same functionality as an emacs
installation?  (I'd rather stay with gedit as I'd have to learn emacs
from scratch.)  How do you access UGen help files with a gedit
installation?  Thanks.

I like the gedit interface better than emacs, and I am an old
emacs user.  Get the supercollider-gedit package, it has tools
for help and other things.  read the fedora musicians guide for
more info:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Crantila/FSC/Synthesizers/SuperCollider/Main#Using_GEdit_to_Write_and_Run_Music_Porgrams

-- Jeff