[PlanetCCRMA] Multiple Sound Cards

Simon Lewis simon.lewis at slnet-online.de
Mon Dec 5 12:51:09 PST 2011

Hello Donald

Try the following in

/etc/modprobe.d/sound.conf (make the file if it doesn't exist)

# RME card
# motherboard
# graphics card
alias snd-card-0 snd-hda
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
alias snd-card-1 snd-intel
alias sound-slot-1 snd-card-1
alias snd-card-2 snd-hdsp
alias sound-slot-2 snd-card-2
options snd cards_limit=3
options snd-hda index=0
options snd-hda-intel index=1 model=auto
options snd-hdsp index=2

# EOF

Undo any changes you made to the  blacklisted items and only use
asoundrcif you need to make a channel matrix.

Finally, if using KDE4, the priority of the sound cards will need to
redefined in phonon settings dialogue

Good luck, Simon