[PlanetCCRMA] Multiple Sound Cards

Donald Steven t6sn7gt at aim.com
Tue Dec 6 03:16:06 PST 2011

Simon,

Thank you so much!  To complete the file below, I just added the first
line and tweaked the names.

All, here's a working file that is current with alsa in 2011 (no need to
touch ~/.asoundrc, local.conf or anything else.  Just modify
/etc/modprobe.d/sound.conf (or 50-sound.conf if you're using a different
distro).  RME users, get rid of pulseaudio.

# RME Hammerfall DSP
# MCP55 High Definition Audio
# R700 Audio Device [Radeon HD 4000 Series]

options snd slots=snd-hdsp,snd-hda-intel,snd-hda-intel

alias snd-card-0 snd-hdsp
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
alias snd-card-1 snd-hda-intel
alias sound-slot-1 snd-card-1
alias snd-card-2 snd-hda-intel
alias sound-slot-2 snd-card-2
options snd cards_limit=3
options snd-hdsp index=0
options snd-hda-intel index=1 model=auto
options snd-hda-intel index=2

# EOF

========

Don