[PlanetCCRMA] Finally - a stable low-latency setup with latest rt-kernel and ffado

Mon Dec 19 15:41:41 PST 2011

On 11/28/2011 03:06 AM, Filip Hoško wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I just wanted to report, that after couple of years of trying and
> tweaking (and waiting, for sure), I was finally able to find a linux
> setup that will actually perform ok with my M-Audio ProFire 610. I'm
> able to get really low latencies, under 10ms (about 5ms in Ardour)
> with NO XRUNS at all. This is for the first time I got such a
> performance from any linux distro/setup.

Happy to hear that.

But of course here I come back from a trip (3 weeks offline) and mess it
up again :-) I just released 3.0.12-rt30 for Fedora 15 and 16 (very
lightly tested on 16/i386)... Of course you do not need to upgrade if
the previous one works for you.

Enjoy!

-- Fernando