[PlanetCCRMA] orphaning 30+ packages
oget.fedora at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 10:28:15 PDT 2011
On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 11:50 AM, Craig Bourne wrote:
> Can you clarify for me please the impact on Rosegarden4 due to its being
> I ask because maintaining this code would, for me, be a non-trivial
> commitment and one that I could ill afford if there are others able to
> shoulder this burden. However, rather than see further development
> stalled on this project I would try to pitch in till other maintainers
> step up.
rosegarden is now in good hands. Brendan Jones picked it up, and I
will remain as a comaintainer and will help in case there is need.
The remaining packages that were not picked up are:
- aldrin: Modular music sequencer/tracker. dead project. there is a
fork called neil which is active (not in Fedora). has 1 open ABRT bug.
- armstrong: library. dead. needed by aldrin only.
- creox: dead kde3 project. Real-time Sound Processor. have other
packages with similar functionality. has 1 open bug.
- kguitar: dead kde3 project. it has an unfinished kde4 port. Guitar
Tabulature Music Editor. have other packages with same functionality
- ctan-musixtex-fonts, tex-musixtex: Sophisticated music typesetting.
needed by kguitar
- esperanza: dead media player GUI for xmms2. not using anymore. xmms1
is still good :)
- hydrogen-drumkits: this was a collection of drumkits. hydrogen has
now its own interface to download drumkits. I think there is no need
to distribute this selection.
- pytagger: ID3 Tag Reader and Writer Library for Python 2
- raul: Realtime Audio Utility Library. no other Fedora package uses it.
- rtaudio: Real-time Audio I/O Library. needed by armstrong only.
- tse3: dead library. needed by kguitar
I will contact the Fedora Release Engineering in a couple days and get
the rest removed from Rawhide as required by the policies. After that,
if you want a package back in Fedora, you will need to submit a new
review request as if it were a fresh new package.
More information about the PlanetCCRMA