[PlanetCCRMA] SuperCollider - automatically booting server

Bernardo Barros bernardobarros2 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 09:34:46 PDT 2011

2011/6/7 Donald Steven <t6sn7gt at aim.com>:
> My installation of SuperCollider in Fedora 14 is up and running, as is
> SwingOSC. Good sound.  SwingOSC comes up automatically by .sclang.sc
> (see below).  How can I get the server to boot automatically?  Right
> now, I have to boot it using s.boot;.  When I start emacs with $emacs
> -sclang, I get this message:

I don't know I understand, but you just want to boot the Server?

GUI.swing;
SwingOSC.java = "/usr/lib/jvm/jre/bin/java";
SwingOSC.program = ("/usr/share/SuperCollider/SwingOSC/SwingOSC.jar");
SwingOSC.default.waitForBoot({
    s = Server.local;
    s.makeGui;
    s.boot;
});

The default on the Apple/OSX App would be like this (without booting,
just showing the GUI):