[PlanetCCRMA] [Fedora-music-list] fedora 15 vs. the rt kernel (fwd)

Sat Jun 18 11:12:37 PDT 2011

On 06/18/2011 10:09 AM, Martin Tarenskeen wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Jun 2011, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
>
>> Looks like that is a workaround (Richard Brown mentioned it to me on an
>> off-list email yesterday). I tried it (first yum install upstart if you
>> don't have it), adding init=/sbin/upstart allows the machine to boot
>> fine. There are some audit errors printed that were not there before but
>> things seem to work.
>
> I tried "yum install planetccrma-core" to install an rt kernel and upstart
> (Fedora 15). After reboot important things did not work for me anymore: My WIFI
> connection was gone, and I could not start Jack anymore. And when booting with
> the normal kernel: the same problems. I removed upstart and kernel-rt. Now,
> with standard kernel, everything is normal again.

Sorry to hear that. Arghhh....

I wonder what could persist when rebooting into the Fedora kernel? Did
you notice if the Fedora kernel was still booting with upstart? (press
ESC while booting, the formatting of the messages is different in systemd).

Anyway, not much I can do I guess. Perhaps you could post the boot log
in /var/log/messages to see why things were failing?

We'll have to wait for a real rt kernel 2.6.39+
http://lwn.net/Articles/440064/