[PlanetCCRMA] Recommended Laptop

Peter Adamson pga at rochma.com
Sun Jun 26 13:20:34 PDT 2011

Hi,

I would appreciate feedback on a good laptop to use as a recording
workstation.

I have a Dell Studio which has two major drawbacks: the video card is
incompatible with the low latency kernel, and the fan sounds like an
airplane taking off. (I know the Dell Vostro is uber-quiet, but I am
hesitant after the compatibility issue with the Studio, also it doesn't
have firewire)

Has anyone had a positive experience with a very quiet laptop that has
few or no compatibility issues? How important is firewire? I will be
purchasing it primarily for Planet CCRMA, so I want to be sure it
works!! ;^)

Cheers,
Peter