[PlanetCCRMA] Fedora 15

S C Rigler riglersc at gmail.com
Wed May 25 09:29:10 PDT 2011

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 11:14 AM, Gareth Foster <earthwormgaz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sounds good.
>
> Although I thought the RT kernel also had the old firewire stack in it and
> that was needed for FFADO, so I probably wouldn't get far unless that's
> changed.
>
> Ta mate,
>
> Gaz

FFADO supports the newer firewire stack although (AFAIK) it is has
issues in kernel versions lower than 2.6.34.  I believe the old
firewire stack has been removed from newer kernels.  Right now I'm
using 2.6.39 with the new firewire stack and FFADO and haven't run
into any issues (although I haven't stressed it out too much yet).

--Steve