[PlanetCCRMA] Need to manually modprobe raw1394

David Cornette david at davidcornette.com
Tue Nov 1 22:25:47 PDT 2011

I have been using a Presonus Firebox for a couple of years, but it seemed to havestopped working, so I have replaced it with an Echo Audiofire 4.  At first I had trouble getting jack to start with the Audiofire, but evetually I realized that I had no /dev/raw1394.  After I modprobed the raw1394 module, the device file exists, and I was able to start jack (and ffado-dbus-server, ffado-mixer,  testlibraw, and gscanbus, all of which were failing before).

I don't remember having to manually modprobe this module before, and I had been able to rn jack with the Firebox, so the module must have been loaded.  Does anyone else have to manually load the module?  What's the best way to make it automatic?  Should I just add it to rc.local?

I am currently running 2.6.33.12-149.rt31.1.fc14.ccrma.x86_64.rt, but I had the problem starting jack with kernel-rt-2.6.33.13-149.rt31.2.fc14.ccrma.x86_64 before I tried rebooting into a different kernel, so presumably under that later kernel the raw1394 module also needed to be loaded, thought I have not yet tested it.

David Cornette