[PlanetCCRMA] CentOS Version

Bob Wilkinson wilkinson.bob at comcast.net
Wed Oct 19 13:28:18 PDT 2011

I am finally getting around to updating my recording box (currently on FC8), and am considering that my style is more toward CentOS, so I don't have to deal with all of the updates on the fast pace of Fedora. So, my questions are:

Has CCRMA been updated to CentOS 6, or is it still on 5?

How well are the CentOS programs (Ardour, etc) updated on CentOS compared to Fedora?

Are there any major DISADVANTAGES to going to CentOS rather than Fedora?

Any insight you have would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Bob