[PlanetCCRMA] Kernel Issues

Wed Jan 25 19:34:23 PST 2012

On 01/25/2012 06:14 PM, agustin genoud wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i'm experiencing problems with the kernel
> 3.0.14-1.rt31.1.fc15.ccrma.i686, specially on firefox with the flash
> plugins. The browser runs extremely slow ant then the flash plugin
> crashes. When i go back to my 2.6.41.9-1.fc15.i686 it works fine.
> anyone knows what i can try?

I would first upgrade to 3.0.17-1.rt33.1 which I just released
yesterday, at least for me it gets rid of periodic error messages in the
logs. I have not tested with flash but I can try tomorrow.

Or, if you want to try to find more I would look for clues in
/var/log/messages. You can "tail -f /var/log/messages" in a terminal
(you will need to su root to see the logs) and see what happens when you
do the stuff that breaks.

Another option is running "top" in a terminal and watching what process
is eating the cpu and go from there.