[PlanetCCRMA] SOLVED: locale issue; sced missing from Gedit plugins

Schindler, Allan aschindler at esm.rochester.edu
Sun Jul 15 11:54:37 PDT 2012

Thank you, Fernando!
My system is set up for English.
All of my locale environment variables were set to "en_US.iso88591".
After I changed them to "en_US.utf8" I still receive one error message
     ERROR: Class extension for nonexistent class 'StartRow'
      In file:'/usr/share/SuperCollider/Extensions/dewdrop_lib/ddwGUIEnhancements3.4/recursiveResize.sc'

from gedit and commandline sclang, and some new warnings about deprecated init Classes,
but the SC  library compiles, I see the inspiring greeting
  Welcome to SuperCollider 3.5.2
and I hear the most beautiful sounds!
Thank you again, Fernando.
Allan Schindler