[PlanetCCRMA] new fc16 rt kernel, 3.2.9-rt15

Sun Mar 4 10:07:52 PST 2012

On 03/04/2012 01:27 AM, Mark Knoop wrote:
> At 10:54 on 03 Mar 2012, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
>> On 03/02/2012 09:22 PM, Michael J. Wilson wrote:
>>> Hi Nando,
>>>
>>> Lenovo Thinkpad x220, FC16.
>>>
>>> 3.2.7-1.rt13 was giving me some shutdown problems (after drives
>>> unmounted device would not halt; maybe ACPI issue?)
>>
>> Hmm, yes, I saw a problem with my test laptop last night after testing
>> 3.2.9, I got a panic on shutdown (which I had not seen before, I
>> think). I was about to go home so I did not try to document it and
>> submit a bug report.
>>
>> Did you see a kernel panic as well? Or just hangs?
>
> Hi, yes I'm seeing these problems too on shutdown.
>
> 3.2.7-1.rt13 hangs for a while (1-2 minutes) with no output then
> eventually shuts down fine (from Sending SIGTERM to all running
> tasks...)
>
> 3.2.9-rt15 I get a panic on shutdown, the details scroll offscreen but
> it looks like a general protection fault. What's the best way to debug
> this?

The best? It is complicated, the way to get this is to set up a serial
console to another machine so you can catch the output of the panic
message. A simpler one is to get a camera and take a picture :-) I'll do
that on Monday with my test laptop.

At least it is something repeatable so there's a good chance we could
get it fixed (unless it is an interaction with the extra Fedora patches
that are part of the build).

> But I should also say that both kernels seem to run very well except
> for these problems.

Good to know.