[PlanetCCRMA] Life is Not Good with 3.x-rt and Nvidia Graphics

Sat Mar 17 13:16:20 PDT 2012

On 03/17/2012 08:58 AM, S C Rigler wrote:
> Yesterday I decided to go from a working F14 installation using a
> 2.6.33-rt x86_64 kernel using the proprietary Nvidia driver to F16 using
> whatever Nvidia driver would work.  So far I have yet to find something
> that works.
>
> The stock Fedora kernel works fine running either nouveau or the
> proprietary Nvidia driver.  I'm typing this while I am booted into
> 3.2.9-2 running nouveau.

Good to hear that at least that is working...

> When I try 3.0.17-1.rt33.1 or 3.2.10-1.rt18.1 using the nouveau driver
> my laptop boots, X starts, I am able to log in.  Everything seems a bit
> laggy and then after a few minutes the laptop will go completely
> unresponsive.  I tried typing this message while booted into an RT
> kernel but my laptop hung before I could finish a few sentences.

:-(
Oh well... that is not good news at all. Do you see any warnings or
errors in the logs after you reboot? This could be reported to the rt
list and should be fixable.

-- Fernando