[PlanetCCRMA] GUI Issues with Dell Vostro

Peter Adamson pga at rochma.com
Mon Mar 19 16:07:33 PDT 2012

Sorry for the lack of clarity.

When I play a midi track using fluidsynth to make the sounds, the sound
is not smooth. To get a smooth sound I need to modify Jack settings to
the point where the latency is too high.

In short, if I use the unmodified kernel instead of the low-latency
kernel, by the time I get a smooth sound and low xruns my latency is too
high.

So I need the low-latency kernel but it freezes on my laptop so my
immediate problem is to find out how to make the low-latency kernel work
on a Dell Vostro 1710.

Any help appreciated.