[PlanetCCRMA] ffado-test, nvidia, SElinux weirdness

S C Rigler riglersc at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 15:58:39 PDT 2012

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 8:29 PM, Orcan Ogetbil <oget.fedora at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 2:17 PM, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> > On 06/23/2011 01:08 AM, Er wrote:
> >> I just got few questions :
> >> - Why ffado-test's absent from the ffado package? As far as I know it's
> >> needed to set the clock source of the device. It might be a good thing
> >> to add it... or maybe there a good reason for it :)
> >
> > Ffado is part of Fedora now, maybe the maintainer is on this list?
> > Otherwise I would suggest filing a bug report with a request for its
> > inclusion in RedHat's bugzilla.
>
> When the package was under review, we had a discussion about including
> the tests. I do not remember the exact details, but we ended up
> excluding them for a few reasons: Some tests were outdated and failed
> to compile (this might have changed since); some of the tests were
> just unit tests for helping the actual ffado developers, and we
> concluded that they won't do much help to end users.
>
> Of course, if users find tests useful, we can add them to the RPM
> package, or just make a new ffado-tests subpackage. As Fernando
> suggested, please file a bug in bugzilla.redhat.com against component
> libffado.
>
> Thanks,
> Orcan

I was attempting to add submit a bugzilla for this but was unable to find
"ffado" or "libffado" in the list of components.

Also, what's missing is the "ffado-test" program.  I'm not sure about the
"tests failing to compile" and such that is being discussed above. The
program is probably poorly named since the functionality we use it for
wouldn't be considered "testing" (eg, "ffado-test ListDevices" or
"ffado-test BusReset").

Any idea how we can get it back?

Thanks,
Steve