[PlanetCCRMA] GUI Issues with Dell Vostro

Jeff Sandys jpsandys at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 22:39:07 PDT 2012

I just moved to Windows 7 from XP at work, give me Gnome 3 any day.

Fedora offers KDE, XFCE, LXDE and Sugar spins, prepackaged with
the desktop of your choice.  I use XFCE for music work.  PlanetCCRMA
is designed to work with Fedora.

OpenSUSE is the other rpm based distro but it also uses Gnome 3, and
it's JackLab project is dead.  UbuntuStudio and Pure:Dyne (no Qsynth)
come close to PlanetCCRMA, Pure:Dyne uses XFCE and Ubuntu has
their Unity desktop.
-- Jeff