[PlanetCCRMA] building Ardour3

Mon May 28 20:36:47 PDT 2012

On 05/28/2012 03:36 AM, Michael E. Smith wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> In the interest of testing and bug reporting, I'm trying to build
> ardour3 from source.

Ha, funny, I just went through that 1 1/2 weeks ago...

> Right now versions of lilv (>=0.14.0 required, 0.5.0 installed), and
> indirectly lv2 (>=1.0.0 required, can't tell from yumex vis-a-vis
> lv2core what's installed), are too old. In the meantime I'll probably
> build those from source as well, but are there plans to update those in
> the ccrma repositories or are we at the mercy of the greater fedora
> community?

I built those from the fc16 versions and save for a few small changes
due to my build server, all went well. You can go to koji[*] and
download the source packages for the builds you need. I think this is
what I ended up building (in reverse order, on ancient fc14):

ardour3-3.0-0.1.svn12363.fc14.ccrma
lilv-0.14.2-0.2.fc14.ccrma
sratom-0.2.0-0.3.fc14.ccrma
sord-0.8.0-0.1.fc14.ccrma
suil-0.6.0-0.2.fc14.ccrma
serd-0.14.0-0.1.fc14.ccrma

Ardour3 works fine in short tests...

> Also, What exactly is the relationship between numbered versions of
> lv2core and lv2?

That I don't know, sorry. Is there an lv2 package? I don't have it
installed.

-- Fernando

[*] http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/