[PlanetCCRMA] fedora 18: new 3.8.4-rt2 kernel

Sat Mar 30 18:05:49 PDT 2013

On 03/30/2013 09:07 AM, Simon Lewis wrote:
> Nice one Fernando!
>
> I took the source rpm and built this on fc17. Just one warning, didn't
> find libunwind - never-the-less built and installs OK. I guess this
> could be added as a "build requires", should it be necessary, if at all.

Hmmm, I'll look at my build logs. A bit later I built for fc17 and ended
up releasing it into the planetcore-testing repository - I had to change
the spec file slightly for the fc17 build for I forget the details.

> Subjective, the PC boots quicker, surprising more response, synths like
> DISTHROs highlife don't produce so many xruns, etc... All-in-all makes a
> good first impression.

Same here. This one looks very very good. I have been running a test for
a couple of days, jack + jack-mamba + several convolvers and other stuff
just to load the machine (@ 128 x 8, 48KHz) and no xruns so far. In all
previous rt kernels I would get one every once in a while.

-- Fernando