[PlanetCCRMA] rt session permissions

Brendan Jones brendan.jones.it at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 22:39:19 PDT 2013

On 10/28/2013 07:25 PM, Simon Lewis wrote:
> Hallo FGPkeys
>
> The following is at your own risk, I can only say it works on my fc19
> installation. I was hoping planetCCRMA would make a proper package for this.
>
> If you looking for an automatic installation that not only installs the
> files in the right location, but also runs the necessary scripts after
> installation / before de-installation then the easiest way is to build a
> rpm file from the spec file attached in my original e-mail.
>
> The steps are as follows:
>
> In a terminal such as Konsole:
>
> su
>
>   yum groupinstall "RPM Development Tools"
>
> exit
>
> rpmdev-setuptree
>
> exit
>
> Use file manager such dolphin or krusader to copy all files attached in
> my original e-mail (except the spec file) to the following folder in you
> home directory...
>
> /rpmbuild/SOURCES/
>
> Copy the spec file to the following folder in you home directory...
>
> /rpmbuild/SPECS/
>
> To build an installable rpm you need to involk rpmbuild in the terminal
> from the folder where the spec file is to be found. The easiest way is
> to navigate to /rpmbuild/SPECS/ in krusader and press the F2 function
> key. In the terminal enter...
>
> rpmbuild -ba rt-permissions-session.spec
>
> Then in krusader navigate to /rpmbuild/RPMS/noarch in you home directory
> to find the rpm you have just built.
>
> To install the file press F2 in krusader and enter the following
> commands in the terminal...
>
> su
>
> yum localinstall --nogpgcheck
> rt-permissions-session-20130519-1.sl.fc19.noarch.rpm
>
> exit
>
> exit
>
> With a little luck all should be installed and the scripts run. To check
> the installation run the following commands from a terminal...
>
> cat /proc/sys/dev/hpet/max-user-freq
>
> cat /proc/sys/vm/swappiness
>
> cat /proc/sys/fs/inotify/max_user_watches
>
> cat /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/max_user_freq
>

> Good luck, Simon

> Am 28.10.2013 13:39, schrieb FGPkeys:
>> Hello, Simon.
>> Thanks for these configuration files.
>> I'm just a musician with little knowledge of Linux.
>> I'm using "Fedora Jam 19", but unfortunately does not include any
>> optimization. Only limited to the software include the official
>> repositories.
>> I would write a guide to configure Fedora in top condition.
>> Could you tell me how to copy these files automatically?Thank you!
>>

>> 2013/5/23 Simon Lewis <simon.lewis at slnet-online.de
>> <mailto:simon.lewis at slnet-online.de>>
>>
>>     As a prologue, there is tons of advice on the internet for
>>     configuring audio on linux, but it's like wiki and life in
>>     general, 95% rubbish and the truth is hidden in the other 5%.
>>
>>     Never-the-less, occasionally a neat little tweak comes along that
> [...]

Can I also suggest installing the package realTimeConfigQuickScan? It
will examine your system for the settings described by Simon and suggest
ways to rememdy sub-optimal settings it finds. Comes also with an X
version called QuickScan.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JACK_Audio_Connection_Kit#realTimeConfigQuickScan