[PlanetCCRMA] NVIDIA and RT Kernel (Fedora 20)

Jeremy M Booth bq20 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 22 13:12:51 PDT 2014

On Tue, 22 Apr 2014 08:03:25 -0700
Steve Duell <steveduell at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have some idea about why this may be:
>
> - Even though I attempted to install the regular i686 kernel package,
> I noticed that the package manager gave me a PAE version.  I don't
> think I need this, as I'm pretty sure I don't have 4 gigs of RAM. Is
> it possible to force the installation of the non-PAE version through
> the terminal?
>
> - Maybe there is another development package I need besides the gcc
> one?

If that were the case I doubt the akmod would have compiled for the
regular kernel either, but doing the group install like the other guy
mentioned wouldn't hurt.  At this point you can still reboot into the
stock kernel and the driver loads right? Make sure you can confirm it's
running the nvidia driver and not noveau by doing the lsmod|grep
commands in a graphical shell from the GUI or by running the "NVIDIA X
Server Settings" application.  If it's running fine with the stock
kernel than at least we've narrowed it down to the CCRMA kernel.  I
believe you can install the non PAE kernel via the graphical package
manager, by installing kernel-rt and kernel-rt-devel instead of
kernel-rtPAE, etc, and of course on the command line too with yum.