[PlanetCCRMA] Stereo problem

agustin genoud agustingenoud at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 09:35:49 PST 2014

Hi all!

i'm having troubles with my stereo output, the difference between the left
and the right channel is almost imperceptible, it's not mono, but it's
"almost mono". I'm running a fedora 19 planet ccrma, with a m-audio fast
track ultra (this
one<http://medias.audiofanzine.com/images/normal/m-audio-fast-track-ultra-466857.jpeg>
).

I use pure data, but i tried with ardour an different software, the strange
thing is that when i see the signal (i use QaRecord on the jack output, but
i also have some audio meters on the master channel on pd) it is well
balanced. I think this happens on the sound card, or maybe i have a trouble
on the fedora sound setup. But i've tried without jack and with different
audio servers and the result is the same. On the same computer i've tried
with a different OS and the same algorithms on pd and the sound card
responds normally,

any ideas?

best

agustin