[PlanetCCRMA] recent version of linuxsampler

Brian snug.bug at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 30 12:31:01 PDT 2014

I posted several months ago whining because I was not able to get Fedora
running after I upgraded my dual-boot system to Windows 8.1.

Mostly I work in Windows because I do video work and linux video has the
toxic lack of codec licenses--and then  Audacity, and the GIMP, and LMMS
and Hydrogen and ZynAddSubFX and many other Linux gems have been ported
to Windows.

It seems that my suspicion that Windows was inhibiting the Fedora boot was
correct, and I'm not aware that this problem has been solved.  After a long history
of struggling with ALSA/PulseAudio conflicts, I have settled for Ubuntu Studio on a
late-model laptop (with no problems) to accompany my Windows 8.1 video
machine.