[PlanetCCRMA] another nvidia driver problem

Juan Reyes juanig at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Sat Mar 14 10:43:40 PDT 2015

Hi Oded, Chris,

Thanks for the tip Chris!.

Are you guys able to compile akmod on RT Kernels?.

BTW, It might compile but then when staring gdm will go on an infinite
loop afaik. On 'telinit 3', trying to start 'X' manually, 'X' will
complain about not finding the right LCD screen. Could not get how to
hack this issue, -so frustrating and time consuming-.

Just for the record, on the W540 I had to get rid of windoze EFI options
because Fedora's EFI options are still kind of tricky (may be I don't
understand them well). Also because I was not able to load windoze
partitions (not that I need them much). This meant ordering disks from
Lenovo and starting from scratch.

But if it's worth, as of now I am able to run the W540 with F-21 nouveau
drivers using the bumblebee option without an nvidia binary on top. My
understanding is that bumblebee allows the driver to access the nvidia
side of the intel-nvidia graphics card. Not sure if akmod works with
bumblebee.

I bet there are limitations using nouveau however, I am not getting lots
of xruns while using jack and ffado.

Honestly speaking, it would be great to have the RT Kernel with
bumblebee and nvidia, just if anyone knows of a "how-to".

   -- Juan