[PlanetCCRMANews] [PlanetCCRMA] more "testing" kernels, bristol

Sat Oct 18 16:14:20 PDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-10-18 at 15:44 -0700, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> Only for the brave. A couple of testing kernels for fc8 and fc9 (not
> that I have had much success testing them):
>
> - kernel-rt-2.6.26.6-1.rt11.1

I just confirmed that on this one (on fc8 at least) usb midi does not
seem to work. The midi device is recognized by alsa, appears on the
qjackctl control panel, is connectable but nothing is received by the
application. By looking at /proc/asound/* it seems it is receiving
bytes...

So, 2.6.24 it is unless you don't use usb midi (but then again 2.6.24 is
apparently not happy on fc9, arghhh)...

-- Fernando