[PlanetCCRMANews] Fedora10 + CCRMA + FFADO + Edirol FA-66 - 1394 module not working

greg loyse gregoryloyse at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 13:19:56 PST 2009

Hi

I am moving from UbStudio to Ccrma. This seems a much better distro for
music.

I used to have my Edirol FA-66 working without probs under Ub Studio. As is
now customary I followed the installation procedures from Ffado's wiki.

# lsmod | grep 1394

yields nothing

# modprobe raw1394
FATAL: Module raw1394 not found.

It seems that I don't have a module loaded. However I do have libraw1394
installed.

After googling I hear that there have been probs with FC's 1394 drivers. Is
this now resolved? I found one user who said he had to install the ccrma
libraw1394 driver. I can't find this package.

Would installing the RT kernel resolve this?

What am I doing wrong?