[Stk] Bug in RtAudio or base class?

John Heenan john@auscyber.com
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 16:23:11 +1030

Hi Gary

I have tried various combinations. All the combinations that do not hang
have problems. Some reverberate, some have rapid intermittent static and
some have echoes.

The best results came from using
input = new RtWvIn(channels, Stk::sampleRate(), 0, 1024, 2);

with command line such as
record.exe 1 test.wav 5 44100

This resulted in static only.

John

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gary Scavone" <gary@ccrma.Stanford.EDU>
To: "John Heenan" <john@auscyber.com>
Cc: <stk@ccrma.Stanford.EDU>
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2002 10:08 AM
Subject: Re: [Stk] Bug in RtAudio or base class?

Hi John,

At first I was puzzled by this because I got the same response on my
laptop.  But then I remembered that my audio driver sucks and that the
default values provided by RtWvIn are way too optimistic for a shitty
OS like windoze.  Your audio driver must behave similarly to mine.

So, if you change the line:

  input = new RtWvIn(channels);

to the following:

  input = new RtWvIn(channels, Stk::sampleRate(), 0, 512, 8);