[Stk] Bug in RtAudio or base class?

John Heenan john@auscyber.com
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 04:02:23 +0800

Hi Perry

I reported static in the record_raw and play_raw RtAudio test samples.

I have increased buffer size from 512 to 2048 in files Record_raw.cpp and
Play_raw.cpp. This had the effect of eliminating the 'static'.

Regrettably I did not have the same good results after modifying file stk.h
for the effects project. The line
#define RT_BUFFER_SIZE 512
had its buffer size changed to 1024, 2048 and 4096.

The worst result was for buffer size 512. The best results, but still not
without noticeable 'static' was for size 1024. Buffer size 2048 was midway
in 'static' effect between 512 and 1024, an unexpected result. Size 4096
still had 'static' effect but had an additional problem of unacceptable
delay in response time.

John