[Stk] Re: frequency analyzer for stk library

Dan Timis timis@rahul.net
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 16:35:04 -0700

>This sort of breaks the single sample tick metaphor that
>pervades STK.  Real time has been an important consideration
>in STK.  This would make it more confusing having some classes
>that do real-time via tick() and others that may or may not.

Sometimes, a delay of one FFT window is acceptable.  For instance, there
are several commercial VST plug-ins that use the FFT.  An FFT class could
still use the one sample tick metaphor, but buffer the input samples
internally.

Dan Timis

p.s.  BTW Perry, I am enjoying your new book a lot.  Great job.