[Stk] OS 9.2.2 & Codewarrior

Joerg Spix Joerg.Spix@informatik.uni-oldenburg.de
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 06:46:05 +0200

Hi,

>I'm only supporting STK in OS X.  The following person worked on an OS
>9 port a year or so ago ... you might contact him to see the status of
>that.  I think he managed to get it working for non-realtime behavior.
>
>  Joerg Spix <Joerg.Spix@informatik.uni-oldenburg.de>

I'm stil here!

But unfortunately I didn't do anything with STK since then. (no spare time)
I used CodeWarrior Pro 5 with MacOS 8.1 on a PowerMac 7100.

Shortly, I made realtime audio out only via soundmanager (no realtime audio
in yet, because I don't have the time for implementing this) and still no
MIDI.
Audio file i/o works. Also no sockets, because the library GUSI, which I
wanted to use (version 2.06) didn't work with the simple terminal emulation
window mode (or what it is called if you do not use Mac-specific commands
for opening windows).

So for synthesis without Tcl/Tk control, it might be fine, but is still
written for STK 3.0, not the newer version 4.

This old stuff is available from www.spix.homeip.net.
I called the Mac version STK 3.1 (because it was based on STK 3.0 and then
forgot to check it with Gary, so he also made a version 3.1 which is
different from mine. So I call it now STK 3.1 Mac... (it would be better to
call it 3.0 Mac, I know...)
You can also find a simple mass-spring network simulator (MsSprMdl) for STK
there (it is part of my diploma thesis which unfortunately had to be
written in german).

If anyone is interested or wants to complete or update the port, feel free
to grab it.

Joerg

----
Joerg.Spix (at) informatik.uni-oldenburg.de