[Stk] Mandolin class

Liam Kelly liamdotcom_@hotmail.com
Sat, 15 Mar 2003 11:19:25 -0000

Hi

Firstly congratulations on a really helpful resource.  Have been getting
very much into the STK recently and being a newcomer to music DSP and
indeed C++ I have found it most accessible.

My main interests in the STK are the waveguide physical modelling
classes as I am currently writing a thesis on this.  I have been trying
to get the Mandolin commuted model going but have so far not managed to
produce anything sounding musical.  If anyone can help I would be very
grateful. My code is at the bottom.

Also if anyone knows of any other resources of impulse responses for
commuted synthesis I would be *extremely* grateful as I hope to produce
a commuted waveguide synthesiser VST plugin as part of my project.

Thanks for reading

**/
#include "WvOut.h"
#include "Mandolin.h"

int main()
{
  // Set the global sample rate before creating class instances.
  Stk::setSampleRate( 44100.0 );

  Mandolin *input = 0;
  WvOut *output = 0;
  MY_FLOAT frequency, amplitude;

  try {

	input = new Mandolin( 50 );
	output = new WvOut( "mandolin.wav", 1, WvOut::WVOUT_WAV,
Stk::STK_SINT16 );

  }
  catch ( StkError & ) { goto cleanup; }

  input->setBodySize(1.0);
  frequency = 100;
  amplitude = 0.1;
  input->noteOn(frequency, amplitude);

  for ( int i=0; i<120000; i++ )
	{
		try {output->tick( (input->tick() ) ); }
    		catch ( StkError & ) { goto cleanup; }
	}
 cleanup:
  delete input;