[Stk] tempo variation

Gary Scavone gary@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 10:14:59 -0800 (PST)

Hi Meera,

STK and the Voicer class implement no notion of tempo.  MIDI and/or
SKINI messages simply have time values and you control the tempo with
them.  You can direct a "stream" of SKINI messages with a particular
inherent "tempo" to a particular instrument or set of instruments
using the Voicer class.

As an example, you could fire up the STK demo program with two B3
voices (-n 2) and play each at a different tempo using a MIDI keyboard
(if you can coordinate your hands to do that).

--gary