[Stk] raw file editing

Perry R Cook prc@CS.Princeton.EDU
Sat, 22 Mar 2003 15:36:49 -0500 (EST)

Jeremiah,

The files are headerless, 16 bit, big-endian, signed samples.
This is the basic file format for PCM in stk.  If you're using
windows (which i suspect you're not if you're trying to use
snd), then GoldWave or CoolEdit (free demo versions) will save
raw data in a variety of formats.  Another approach is to save
the files as .snd or .au files (correct byte ordering), and make
a simple hack to lop off the header (fread the appropriate number
of bytes, then read/write the remainder).

PRC