[Stk] GUI + real-time sound analysis

vincent penasse vpenasse@hotmail.com
Wed, 12 May 2004 14:49:49 +0100

Vincent PENASSE

2, Thames Avenue,
RG1 8DT READING
United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0)118 958 2881

Hello!

I have been developing sound analysis in real time in
order to do some automatic dance performance that fits
with the music. After having developed a Win32 console
application that works,
I would like to add a "GUI layer" to make it interactive.
I have a lot of problems with this because I do not have
any experience about the right tools to use etc.
Nevertheless, I could isolate the most serious one into a
very simple example:

I have
- a RtWvIn object to get sound from my sound card or a
player (WinAmp, etc)
-  a WvOut object that records the input to a file frame
by frame.
- a Graphic User Interface developed with Wxwindows
(www.wxwindows.org - cross platform GUI C++ classes) with
a "start recording" button and a "stop recording" button.

PROBLEM: Once I push the button "start recording", the
application is recording the sound input into a file, but
when I push the STOP button, the GUI is not responding
anymore.

I thank in advance  anybody that could give me some sound advice
about which tool to use, book to read and directions helping to solve my
problem !

Vincent PENASSE

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger