[Stk] Help getting started

Jeff Farr Jeff Farr <moogah@gmail.com>
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 18:54:01 -0500

Hello, I've just started working with STK (4.2.0, windows with
precompiled binaries) and I'm having a bit of difficulty with it.  For
starters I can't get the following code to compile:

#include "Noise.h"

int main(){
  StkFloat output;
  Noise noise;

  for ( unsigned int i=0; i<20; i++ ) {
    output = noise.tick();
    std::cout << "i = " << i << " : output = " << output << std::endl;
  }

 return 0;
}

I have made all the changes to my project settings in VC++ as
described in doc\readme-win (I'm running XP with directsound 9
installed) but still get these errors:

NoiseMaker.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:
virtual __thiscall Noise::~Noise(void)" (??1Noise@@UAE@XZ)
NoiseMaker.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:
virtual double __thiscall Noise::tick(void)" (?tick@Noise@@UAENXZ)
NoiseMaker.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:
__thiscall Noise::Noise(void)" (??0Noise@@QAE@XZ)
NoiseMaker.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

I have not been able to track down exactly what is happening here, my
.obj files are right in my debug folder, the header files are in my
main directory (all of them) with their c++ counterparts.  It may be
interesting to note that I get the same errors with borland CBuilder,
my preferred compiler.  Also, it actually doesn'y seem to matter if
the changes described in readme-win are made, these errors come up the
same.  A little help would be much appreciated.