[Stk] SKINI AfterTouch & ChannelPressure

Carlos Pita carlosjosepita@yahoo.com.ar
Mon, 9 May 2005 15:09:26 -0300

Thank you. It makes sense for me now, altought the
the Errata in ChannelPressure specification
(http://www.borg.com/~jglatt/tech/midispec/pressure.htm)
explicitly distinguish between AfterTouch and
ChannelPressure characterizing the first
as per-key pressure (what you call Polyphonic
AfterTouch) and the second as per-channel
average pressure. So it leaves no margin
for interpretation, it's defining things
in a different way that SKINI constants do:
  MIDI AfterTouch != SKINI __SK_AfterTouch_
I'm pretty newbie to MIDI so I don't know
about de facto terminolgy usage but anyway
your explanation is clear to me.
Regards,
Carlos